Tomato Chutney Recipe | Tamatar Ki Chutney | टमाटर की चटनी | ટમેટાની ચટની
Servings: 3 to 4 persons
Preparation & cooking time – 10 minutes
Tomato Chutney Recipe Details:
Red tomato chutney recipe video shows how to make tomato chutney with easy recipe instructions. Tomato chutney (also known as tamatar chutney in Hindi) is traditionally made with ripe tomatoes, tamarind, dry red Kashmiri chilies, some garlic cloves and some essential species. The red tomato chutney (lal tamatar chutney) goes well with idly, dosa, uttapam, upma, poori or any rice recipes.
You would empty your baskets of praises by making this delicious side dish. You can prepare this tomato chutney within a few minutes with the help of mixture or blender. Think of simple yet delicious side dish and tomato chutney would be the first in the list of all chutneys.
· Tomato chutney can be stored up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
· Always use sterilized and totally dry container to store any pickle or chutney.
· Oil – 1 Tsp.
· Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
· Red ripe & fresh tomatoes – 250 grams/1 cup or 4 medium sized
· Udad dal – 1 tsp.
· Dariya/roasted Chana dal – 1 tsp.
· Dry red chilies – 2 pieces
· Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp.
· Black Pepper – 1 tsp.
· Ginger – 2 pieces of 1 inch each
· Garlic cloves – 10 to 15 (optional)
· Cumin coriander powder – 1 tsp.
· Salt to taste or ½ tsp.
Tomato Chutney for Dosa, Tomato Chutney for Idly tempering:-
· Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
· Curry leaves – some fresh
· Asafoetida – a pinch
· Oil any cooking – 1 tsp. (I used groundnut oil)
· If you do not eat onion and garlic, you can avoid adding garlic cloves to make tomato chutney without onion and garlic. It tastes good even without onion garlic.
· You may add some onions in chutney if you like the flavor of it.
· If you want to store this chutney longer in a fridge use more oil and evaporate water totally.
· Use fresh and ripe tomatoes for better taste.
· If you want sweet and sour, a tangy taste you may add 1 tsp. sugar in it.
Tomato chutney recipe (tamatar chutney banane ki vidhi or tamatar chutney banane ka tarika) is explained with Gujarati, Hindi and English language subtitles. Desi recipes channel mostly makes Gujarati, Marathi, North Indian, South Indian, Punjabi, Kannada, and Chinese cuisine. Moreover, you will find many world famous dishes.
Thanks for watching this recipe video. If you like this video, please like our Facebook page or visit our website. And don’t forget to hit like and share video. Stay tuned for more such videos.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DesiRecipesChannel
DesiRecipes Website: https://www.desirecipes.net