Thatte idli recipe | tatte idli or plaate idli recipe | idli batter recipe | easy breakfast recipe
Servings: 2 to 4 persons
Preparation & cooking time – 30 minutes
Thatte idli Recipe Details:
Thatte idli or plate idli recipe is explained with detailed photos and video here. Tatte idli recipes video shows how to make market style soft and spongy idli more deliciously. Idli recipe is made with different styles in different places. Today I made batter and idli both here. With limited ingredients this recipe goes wonderful with tea time snacks for kids or elders or as a side dish in lunch or dinner. This idli’s are unique to kannada cuisine and is mainly prepared with the combination of rice, udad dal, poha or sabudana. But here i made it very simple with only two readily available ingredients. This idlies are very famous in Bangalore and maysoor. If you want to add another two you may add them too. This idli in any season goes well with any chutney like green chutney of coriander, red of tomatoes, garlic peanut or white chutney of coconut. You can make this idli without mold as whatever middle size dish is available at your home. You can serve this idli in your guest function or get together, kitty party or potluck function. It has its own place on the menu.
You would empty your baskets of praises by making this delicious side dish. You can prepare this thatte idli within 30 minutes at home without taking anybody’s help. You may prepare this as your kid’s lunch box recipe. Think of a simple yet delicious side dish idli would be first in the list of all snack recipes. Do try this recipe at this season and if you like it press the Like button.
For batter making:-
– Udad dal – 1/3 cup
– Any small rice – 1 cup (I used idli rice)
– Salt to taste
– Oil for grasing
vital Tips :-
– Soak dal-chawal for at least 4-5 hours so that it may grind easily.
– You may add poha and sabudana as well but I made batter very simple here with two readily available ingredients.
– Use small rice like dosa rice or idli rice or whatever small in size is available.
– You can use any medium size plate/dise to make thatte idli.
– You may add pinch of baking soda / eno fruit salt if you want more fluffiness and softness like market style.
– If you want to store this batter you can put it in the fridge for a day. Remember do not add eno and salt. While you are going to boil idlies you can add.
Thatte idli or tatte idli recipe is explained with Gujarati, Hindi and English language subtitles. Desi recipes channel mostly makes Gujarati, North Indian, South Indian, Punjabi, Chinese cuisine. Moreover you may find world famous dishes.
Thanks for watching this recipe video. If you like this video, please like our Facebook page or visit our website. And don’t forget to hit like and share videos. Stay tuned for more such videos.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DesiRecipesChannel
DesiRecipes Website: https://www.desirecipes.net