Swami Narayan Mandir Khichdi Recipe| સ્વામીનારાયણ મંદીર ખીચડી| मंदीर खीचड़ी | Temple Style Prasad khichdi.
servings: 3 to 4 persons
– soak dal & rice – 15 minutes
– cooking time – 20 minutes
hello welcome to our youtube channel desi recipes
In India, you can find so many varieties of khichdi. It is one of festival or Bhog foods. This temple style khichdi recipe video shows how to make Swami Narayan mandir prsadwali khichdi / prasadam khichdi. It is mix dal khichdi which has toor dal, mung (moong) dal, rice, mix vegetables and dry fruits in it. It is high nutrition food which has lots of protein in it. This recipe also uses ghee which enhances the taste of khichdi.
We made this (mandir style) khichdi with the flavor of ghee and some handy spices/masalas of our kitchen. It has a delicious divine flavor and one pot recipe. Khichdi is made is in ISKCON, JALARAM or SAI TEMPLE which is without onion and garlic recipe as prasad. You may call it JAIN KHICHDI because it is without onion garlic khichdi recipe. It can be served with yogurt (dahi), papad and pickle.
– Rice – 1/2 cup
– Moong (mung) dal yellow/petite yellow lentils – 1/4 cup
– Toor (tur) dal/yellow split pigeon peas – 2 tbsp.
– Ghee (clarified butter) – 3 tbsp.
– Oil – 3 tbsp.
– Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
– Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
– Cloves – 5 to 6
– Black pepper – 7 to 9
– Dry red chili – 2
– Cinnamon stick – 2 small
– Bay leaf – 1 broken
– Asafoetida – a pinch
– Some fresh Curry leaves
– Ginger green chili paste – 1 tbsp.
– Finely chopped tomatoes – 1/2 cup
– Chopped potatoes – 1 medium sized
– Frozen/fresh green peas – 3 tbsp.
– Chopped brinjal/eggplant –1/3 cup
– Chopped carrot – 1/4 cup
– Finely chopped cabbage – 1/2 cup
– Peanuts – 1 tbsp.
– Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
– Red chili powder – 1 tsp.
– Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp.
– Salt to taste
– Water – 4 glasses
– Lemon – half piece or as per taste
Swami Narayan khichdi Recipe Details (khichdi banana ka Tarika, khichdi banane ki vidhi):
vital Tips :
– Making Khichdi in pressure cooker reduces both energy and time.
– Adding more ghee instead of the oil enhances the exact divine flavor like temple prasadam.
– You may use 5 to 6 tbsp. ghee instead of using oil.
– Pay attention to slow to medium flame and exact 4 whistles give khichdi a perfect texture.
– Let the khichdi cool down naturally and then open the pressure cooker.
Swami Narayan Mandir Prasad khichdi recipe is explained with Gujarati, Hindi and English language subtitles. Desi recipes channel mostly makes Gujarati, North Indian, South Indian, Panjabi, Chinese cuisine. Moreover, you may find world famous dishes.
Thanks for watching this recipe video. If you like this video, please like our Facebook page or visit our website. And don’t forget to hit like and share video. Stay tuned for more such videos.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DesiRecipesChannel
DesiRecipes Website: https://www.desirecipes.net