Roasted Poha Chivda Recipe |Poha Namkeen Mixture Recipe | Diwali Snacks Recipe
Roasted Poha Chivda Recipe Details:
Thin flattened rice or Patle pohe is also known as nylon poha. This chivda recipe video shows how to make Guajarati or Maharatrian style spicy and crunchy chivda more deliciously. Poha mixture is famous in all states of India. This chivda is a crunchy and sugary and sour shallow fried made with different nuts and tempering. It is the most popular Indian Diwali as well as tea time snacks. It is an excellent recipe for a kid’s lunch box recipe as well as traveling time. It is a famous, long-lasting, and nutritious snack for most of people. Kids also love this. My all-time favorite spicy snack is enjoyed with a cup of tea.
Poha chivda has many varieties in it. And it is made with different styles at different places. Some people use thick poha and deep fry them and some people air fry them. The taste of all spices makes it more delicious as well as healthy. It has its own place in tea time or evening snack recipe menu. It is easy to prepare and yet easy to store for a couple of weeks.
You would empty your baskets of praises by making this delicious farsan/nasta. You can prepare this crispy poha chivda within a few minutes at home. Think of a simple yet delicious dish and this chivda would be the first in the list of all snack recipes. Do try this tasty and tempting recipe in this festival season and if you like it press the Like button.
Servings: for family
Preparation & cooking time – 20 minutes
Storage time :- up to 2 to 3 weeks
For stuffing masala :
– Thin flattened rice/ patle poha (hajikhani na pauva) – 5 cups
– Oil – 4 tbsp.
– Peanuts – 1/2 cup.
– Roasted chana dal (daliya) – 1/3 cup.
– Dry sliced coconut – 1/4 cup.
– Cashews & almonds divided into 2 parts – 15 each
– Raisins – 2 tbsp.
– Curry leaves – 15
– Asafoetida – (two pinch optional)
– Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
– Sesame seeds – 2 tsp.
– Green chilies cross cut – 3 to 4
– Powdered sugar – 2 tsp.
– Citric acid powder – 1/2 tsp. or raw mango (amchur) powder – 1 tbsp.
– Salt to taste or 1 tsp.
– Oil – for frying
– When you add nuts and coconut slices in frying oil, keep the flame on slow/low mode so that you will not burn.
– Dry roast poha on low flame only. Keep stirring it till it gets crunchy.
– You can store this poha chivda for 2 to 3 weeks in an airtight and clean container.
– You may use amchur powder instead of citric acid according to your taste.
Roasted poha chivda recipe is explained with Gujarati, Hindi and English language subtitles. Desi recipes channel mostly makes Gujarati, North Indian, South Indian, Punjabi, and Chinese cuisines. Moreover you will find many other world famous dishes.
Thanks for watching this recipe video. If you like this video, please like our Facebook page or visit our website. And don’t forget to hit like and share the video. Stay tuned for more such videos.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DesiRecipesChannel
DesiRecipes Website: https://www.desirecipes.net