Mix Dal Chawal Dhokla Recipe (multigrain) | दाल चावल ढोकला रेसिपी | Gujarati Khatta Dhokla Recipe in Hindi
Chana dal chawal dhokla recipe Details:
Chana dal chawal dhokla recipe video shows how to make traditional Gujarati multigrain dhokla made with chana dal, udad dal, mung dal, rice, and some essential species. Mix dal dhokla recipe is the healthier version of other all dhokla recipes. Dhokla, a savory steamed rice and lentil cake, is one of the most famous cuisines of Gujarat. There are many famous farsan recipes of Gujarat like khaman dhokla, dudhi muthiya, gathiya, fafda, tikhi sev, patra, etc. It is very healthy and nutritious recipe for your breakfast, even you can prepare it as kid’s lunch box recipe. You will love it with tea, coffee, chutney or any sauce. It can be served in lunch or dinner too.
This Dhokla goes well with red tomato chutney or garlic chutney. I have already shared these recipe videos on my channel. Here are the links.
Tomato Chutney: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0HhLSWNo3U
Red Garlic Chutney: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkoryIKOAEM
You would empty your baskets of praises by making this delicious dhokla. You can prepare the dhokla batter at home within few minutes with the help of mixture jar. There is no need to go outside or to flourmill to grind the dhokla flour. Think of any simple yet delicious side dish and the khatta dhokla would be first in the list of all the snacks.
Servings: 3 to 4 persons
Preparation & cooking time – 20 minutes
· This multigrain dhokla should be eaten within 1 to 2 days.
· Dhokla batter can be stored in air tight container in fridge for 2 to 3 days.
· Left over dhoklas can be eaten again with little bit of tadka having some curry leaves, few drops of oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, 2 to 3 finely chopped green chilies, little bit of sugar and a pinch of Asafoetida and served with tea or coffee. Believe me it will be more tasty than the original one.
For batter: (soaking process)
· Any small rice – 1 cup
· Chana dal(split Bengal gram) – 1/2 cup
· Udad dal – 2 tbsp
· Mung/moong dal (split green gram yellow)– 2 tbsp
· beaten rice – 2 tbsp
· Water for soaking process
For grinding process:
· Lukewarm water – 1 cup
· Curd – 2 tsp
For dhokla recipe:
· Oil – 1 tbsp.
· Ginger green chili paste – 1 tbsp.
· Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
· Salt to taste
· Eno fruit salt – 1 tsp.
· Lemon juice- half lemon or 5 to 7 drops
· Red chili powder – to sprinkle
For tempering :-
· Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
· Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
· Sesame seeds – 1 tsp.
· Curry leaves – some fresh
· Asafoetida – a pinch
· Oil any cooking – 1 tsp. (I used peanut oil)
Vital Tips :-
· Dhokla batter can be used as handvo batter too. If you want to make Guajarati handvo you can prepare handvo from the same batter.
· If you do not eat onion and garlic, you can avoid adding them.
· In winter or monsoon season and if you have microwave oven at your home, you can preheat the oven for 1 to 2 minutes and switch it off. Then put dhokla batter into switched off oven, the warmness of oven will help batter to ferment well.
· If oven or microwave isn’t available at your home you should add lukewarm water while preparing dhokla batter (as shown in the recipe video). Keep your batter in kitchen cupboard or in warm place.
· You may use baking/cooking soda instead of Eno fruit salt (without Eno). After adding Eno to the batter, be quick to put the plate in dhokla maker otherwise the effect of soda goes off and your dhoklas would not be so spongy and soft as they ought to be.
· Use little bit sour curd for better fermentation result.
· If you want sweet and sour, a tangy taste then you may add 1/2 tsp sugar in it.
Chana dal chawal dhokla recipe is explained with Gujarati, Hindi and English language subtitles. Desi recipes channel mostly makes Gujarati, North Indian, South Indian, Punjabi, Marathi and Chinese cuisine. Moreover you may find many world famous dishes.
Thanks for watching this recipe video. If you like this video, please like our Facebook page or visit our website. And don’t forget to hit like and share video. Stay tune for more such videos.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DesiRecipesChannel
DesiRecipes Website: https://www.desirecipes.net