Guajarati Sandwich Dhokla Recipe | Double Layered Dhokla | White Sandwich Dhokla With Chutney Recipe
Sandwich Dhokla Recipe Details:
Sandwich dhokla recipe video shows how to make traditional Gujarati farsan sandwich dhokla made with dal, rice, and some essential species. Dhokla, a savoury steamed rice and lentil cake, is one of the most famous dishes in Gujarat. There are many famous farsan recipes of Gujarat like khaman dhokla, dudhi muthiya, gathiya, fafda, tikhi sev, patra, etc. It is a very healthy and nutritious recipe for your breakfast, even you can prepare it as a kid’s lunch box recipe. You will love it with tea, coffee, chutney or any sauce. It can be served at lunch or dinner too.
Sandwich Dhokla goes well with red tomato chutney or garlic chutney. I have already shared these recipe videos on my channel. Here are the links.
Tomato Chutney: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0HhLSWNo3U
Red Garlic Chutney: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkoryIKOAEM
You would empty your baskets of praises by making this delicious dhokla. You can prepare the dhokla batter at home within a few minutes with the help of a mixture jar. There is no need to go outside or to the flour mill to grind the dhokla flour. Think of any simple yet delicious side dish and the white dhokla would be first in the list of all the snacks.
Servings: 3-4 persons
Preparation & cooking time: 30 minutes
Rice (any small) – 1 and half cup (1.5 cup)
Udad dal – 1/2 cup
Water for washing, soaking
For grinding process:
Lukewarm water – 1/5 cup each round
Curd – 2 tbsp. each round
For sandwich dhokla green chutney recipe:
Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
Green chili – 2 or as per your taste
Peanuts – 1tbsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp.
Salt – 1/2 tsp.
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Lemon – half
For dhokla recipe:
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Eno fruit salt –
Asafoetida (hing) – a pinch
Water – 1 tsp.
Red chili powder, black pepper powder to sprinkle
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Sesame seeds – 1 tsp.
Curry leaves – some fresh
Asafoetida (hing) – a pinch
Dry red chili – 1
Oil – 2 tbsp.
· This multigrain dhokla should be eaten within 1 to 2 days.
· Dhokla batter can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
· Leftover dhoklas can be eaten again with little bit of tadka having some curry leaves, few drops of oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, 2 to 3 finely chopped green chilies, little bit of sugar and a pinch of Asafoetida and served with tea or coffee. Believe me it will be more tasty than the original one.
· If you do not eat onion and garlic, you can avoid adding them.
· In winter or monsoon season if you have a microwave oven at your home, you can preheat the oven for 1 to 2 minutes and switch it off. Then put the dhokla batter into the switched off oven, the warmness of the oven will help batter to ferment well.
· If oven or microwave isn’t available at your home you should add lukewarm water while preparing dhokla batter (as shown in the recipe video). Keep your batter in the kitchen cupboard or in a warm place.
· You may use baking/cooking soda instead of Eno fruit salt (without Eno). After adding Eno to the batter, be quick to put the plate in the dhokla maker otherwise the effect of soda goes off and your dhoklas would not be so spongy and soft as they ought to be.
· Use a little bit of sour curd for better fermentation result.
· If you want sweet and sour, a tangy taste then you may add 1/2 tsp. sugar in it.
Dhokla batter can be used as handvo batter too. If you want to make Guajarati handvo you can prepare handvo from the same batter.
White sandwich Dhokla Recipe is explained with Gujarati, Hindi and English language subtitles. Desi Recipes channel mostly makes Gujarati, Marathi, North Indian, South Indian, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Chinese cuisine. Moreover you will find many other world famous dishes.
Thanks for watching this recipe video. If you like this video, please like our Facebook page or visit our website. And don’t forget to hit like and share video. Stay tune for more such videos.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DesiRecipesChannel
DesiRecipes Website: https://www.desirecipes.net