Gujarati Lapsi Recipe | Traditional Lapsi Halwa Recipe| ઘઉંના લોટની લાપસી બનાવવાની રીત recipe Details:
This recipe video shows how to make temple style Gujarati authentic wheat flour Lapsi at home. Gujarati and Maharashtrian people make this Lapsi on dhanteras puja, Diwali, new year celebration or any other auspicious occasion. In some places, people call this dish kansar also. The puja and festivals are incomplete without offering special prasad to the lord.
The Lapsi or Kansar is made with different styles at different places. The secret of this temple style recipe lies in the accuracy of ingredients proportion. One of the most essential and secret lies in water measurement. If you add more water in the Lapsi, it will become like a Sheera of wheat flour and if you add less water, it will turn out like the Sukhadi or gud papdi. Have the perfect measurements like given in this video will result in the Lapsi which is as flavourful as temple prasad. The taste of sugar, as well as Jaggery, makes it more delicious and healthy. The Lapsi has its own vital place in the puja. It can be served as a dessert too.
This wonderful desert that can be prepared in a few minutes without taking anybody’s help at home. You would empty your baskets of praises by making this delicious sweet dish. This traditional Gujarati Lapsi prasadam is modern yet it has simplicity in it. Do try this recipe at the auspicious occasions like Dhanteras, Diwali, or new year at your home.
Servings: 2 to 3 persons
Preparation & cooking time – 30 minutes
For stuffing masala :
· Coarsely grinded wheat flour (मोटा पीसा हुआ गेहुआ का आटा) – 1 cup
· Ghee – 3 to 4 tbsp. or 1/4 cup
· Oil – 1 tbsp.
· Jaggery – 1/3 cup
· Sugar – 1 tbsps.
· Dry fruits – 1/4 cup (almonds, cashews)
· Cardamom and nutmeg powder – 1/4 tsp. (optional)
Use the heavy bottom or non-stick cookware so that flour does not stick at the bottom.
· Stir in between while it is cooking so that the Lapsi does not burn.
Add Jaggery water in the flour in batches so that the texture of the Lapsi will become non-sticky. You can add till 1/2 cup of ghee in this recipe.
· You can reduce the quantity of ghee if you are not preparing it for puja prasadam but adding the same quantity of ghee will make the Lapsi as delicious as temple prasad.
· Frist dry roast wheat flour for 4 to 5 minutes on the low flame so that the texture of the Lapsi will be perfect.
· Adding some dry fruits to the Lapsi will make it more nutritious.
· Adding powdered sugar is optional but it will enhance the taste of the Lapsi. If you want to skip it, you can increase the quantity of Jaggery instead of sugar.
– Always add boiled hot water for the Lapsi as it enhances the taste of the Lapsi and it will not become sticky and cooked completely.
Gujarati traditional Lapsi recipe is explained with Gujarati, Hindi and English language subtitles. Desi recipes channel mostly makes Gujarati, North Indian, South Indian, Punjabi, and Chinese cuisines. Moreover, you will find many other world-famous dishes. Your precious comments are highly appreciable.
Thanks for watching this recipe video. If you like this video, please like our Facebook page or visit our website. And don’t forget to hit like and share this recipe video. Stay tuned for more such recipe videos.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DesiRecipesChannel
DesiRecipes Website: https://www.desirecipes.net