Aloo Lachha Namkeen Recipe | Potato Chivda | Sun Dried Potato Finger Chips
Aloo Lachha Namkeen Recipe Details:
Thinking of making wafers and papad for the whole year is a big deal and quite frightening, isn’t it? No, not at all friends. Within 10 to 15 minutes you can easily prepare it at home without taking anybody’s help. Sun-dried potato wafer recipes or (batanu chhin, Bataka ni Katri in Gujarati) or in Hindi dhup main sukhaya huaa aalu lachha and in English dried potato chips video shows that how to make sun-dried potato fingers for the whole year. Potato chips are everyone’s favorite and they are made in different ways. One of the ways is to boil the wafers first, sundry them and whenever it is required simply fry them. These potato wafers are made during summer season (potato harvest season) when new potatoes arrive in the market in an abundance. Simple and tasty aalu chips are traditionally made with summer special big potatoes, alum powder, and some salt. It is very famous, quick and delicious summer special recipe which is loved by everyone.
You would empty your baskets of praises by making this delicious summer special wafer/chips recipe. Think of quick yet delicious sun-dried potato wafers and this will be first in the list of all wafers. You can use this recipe during fasting days also because it is falahari recipe. This homemade potato wafers can be stored up to a year.
Servings: For family
Total cooking time: 15 minutes (Boiling time of chips/wafer – 2 to 3 minutes, Sundry wafers – 2 to 3 days)
Potatoes – 1 kg big (summer special)
Salt – 1 tbsp
Alum powder (fitakari powder) – a pinch or 1/4 tsp.
Water for boiling
· This sun-dried aloo lachha/wafers can be stored up to a year in an airtight container.
· Aloo lachha wafers must be totally dry when you put it in the container.
· Always use sterilized and totally dry container to store any wafers, it will enhance the life of it.
· If you are living in an area where sunlight does not come you can still make the wafers. To dry it, you can use the hairdryer, just put under the fan of your room.
· You should create a single and thin layer of the wafer on clean and dry cotton cloth so that it will dry up soon.
· Turn the side of chips on the next day so that it will dry from both the sides.
· Keep under the sunlight for 4 days minimum. At night take aloo lachha under the running fan of your room.
· Use big potatoes for a better result.
· Boil aloo lachha only 2 to 3 minutes. Do not over boil them.
Aloo lachha namkeen (aloo lachha chivda for fasting) recipe is explained with Gujarati, Hindi and English language subtitles. Desi recipes channel mostly makes Gujarati, North Indian, South Indian, Punjabi, Chinese cuisine. Moreover, you will find world-famous dishes.
Thanks for watching this recipe video. If you like this video, please like our Facebook page or visit our website. And don’t forget to hit like and share video. Stay tuned for more such videos.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DesiRecipesChannel
DesiRecipes Website: https://www.desirecipes.net